So way back when in June, the extremely sweet Carlisa from Confessions of Carlisa nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you, a thousand times & more, Carlisa, for the nomination.
This post is way overdue but hey, there's no expiration date on winning the award, right?
What is the Liebster Award, anyway?
It's basically just a fun, little online award passed around in the blogging community to share the love and discover new blogs!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Answer the 10 questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate and link 10 bloggers (with less than 200 followers).
4. Notify all the bloggers you've nominated.
5. Create 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I began this particular blog, Peach Print, for my Sophomore Quality Project a handful of months ago in April. I explain in more detail exactly what this "Quality Project" is in my About Section, but in short, it was an opportunity for students to explore and do what they truly loved as a homework assignment. And in my case, that meant reading and writing. So, of course, I had to make a book review blog. Peach Print gave me the perfect excuse to read and write even more.
2. What's one reason why you love to read?
I love reading because I love getting inside the head of an author. I find it quite amazing, really, how all books, even the most famous, start off as a simple idea. A spark in one's mind. I find it fascinating, exciting (!), how literature's most beloved characters such as Harry Potter and Katniss Everdeen at one time, only existed in the minds of their creators. I revel in how just one person has the power to create entire worlds. People. Stories. And how that imaginary place, person, story, has the power to reach millions of people all around the world. How your creation can touch people you've never even met.
I think authors are some of the most amazing people on this planet.
3. What's your favorite part of book blogging?
I definitely love the community. I know, I know, everyone says this, but they have reason to! Everyone in this book blogging community is so kind, so sweet, so well-versed, and easy to talk to. It's been such a fun few months getting to know you all. It's awesome to be part of a community that supports each other wholeheartedly and shares the same interests.
4. What are your two favorite genres and why do you like them?
I have to say YA Contemporary and YA Fantasy. These two genres are pretty much on the opposite side of the literary spectrum, but both have their own aspects to love. Sometimes you crave something real and similar to your own life, but sometimes you just want to live in a fantasy world for a couple hundred pages.
5. If you could only recommend three books for the rest of your life, what would they be?
1. Jellicoe Road
2. Harry Potter (any of them)
3. I honestly can't decide.
6. Tell us something un-bookish about yourself.
Boston is my favorite city. I hope to attend college there.
7. E-reader or physical books? Why?
Do you even need to ask? Physical books all the way!
Why? Because there's a huge difference between holding an actual, tangible book and turning actual, tangible pages and holding an electronic brick! It's just a completely different feeling and reading experience.
I don't think I'll ever be able to completely love e-readers.
8. What's your favorite post that you've written?
This Top Ten Tuesday post I wrote awhile back listing 10 cute bookish gifts. I just really love bookish merch. I mean, who doesn't?
9. What are you currently reading?
Nothing at the moment. I just finished ACOTAR earlier this week, but I have yet to begin my next read.
10. What's your favorite place to read?
In an AC room with LOTS of pillows and blankets and NO noise.
1. What is your all-time favorite book?
2. What is a book everyone loves but you hate?
3. A character you'd marry?
4. What's the best book you've read this year?
5. What's your most anticipated read?
6. What's your favorite bookish quote?
7. What is the first sentence of the book you're currently reading?
8. What book would you want to be stuck in?
9. How would you manage to survive The Hunger Games?
10. A character you're most similar to? How & why?
I Nominate . . .
Alysia @ Literaturesque
Amy @ Aya M. Productions
Annie @ Indoor Sojourner
Lauren @ Book Worms & Night Owls
Yani @ Paper Boulevard
+ anyone else!
I tried to nominate those who haven't already won this award, but I'm sorry if I'm mistaken.
You're not at all obligated to answer my questions & make a post!