June 21, 2015

Library Book Haul: New 2015 Releases (and then some)

June 21, 2015
So last week after summer school, I had a couple of hours on my hands to kill.  Of course, the only logical place to spend my time was at the library.

Libraries are pretty much the best creations in all of existence.  And whenever I make a stop at my local library, I always, without fail, return home with arms filled.

Here's what I picked up this week:


1. All the Rage by Courtney Summers
I actually already finished reading and reviewing this one.  Check out the review here.

2. The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre
I have absolutely no idea what to expect for this book.  I can deduce its a romance just by glancing at the cover, but for the most part I'll be diving into the story without any preconceived notions.

3. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
Yup, I finally found a copy.  I can't wait to get reading.


4. Wildlife by Fiona Wood
Not a 2015 release, but a librarian recommended it to me.  Melina Marchetta, (one of my favorite authors . . . like, ever), has her praise written on the front cover.  If she enjoyed it, I'll enjoy it.  I'm really hoping for a five peach worthy read.

5. We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
Just the cover gets me.  It captured my attention from the very first time I saw it.

6. Everything That Makes You by Moriah McStay
The library was giving away new 2015 releases for free!  (Yet another reason to absolutely love the library.)  It took quite a bit of self restraint on my part to only walk away with one, but here's the book I chose.


7. Like It Never Happened by Emily Adrian
Okay.  I almost DNF this one, but I powered through until the end just last night.  Um, I hate to say this, but can we pretend I didn't read this?  Can we pretend like it never happened?  Oh boy, watch out for a book review to come . . .

8. Pivot Point by Kasie West
Again, another book that isn't a 2015 release, but come on, it's a Kasie West.  I've read and loved all of Kasie's YA Contemporary Romances, but I haven't yet had a taste of her other works.  I had to pick this one up.

9. Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
I don't know much about this one, but I recall seeing it on a few book blogs before.  Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

And that's all.  Hopefully I'll be able to read and review all nine before the three week due date.

Did anyone else borrow books from the library recently?  Has anyone read any of my picks?  If so, let me know what you thought of them!

author image

Julia Anne

I'm a teen with a refined taste for good books and great writing, currently living in Honolulu, HI. I'm a reader. A dreamer. And an aspirant writer. One day I have hopes to travel the world, but for now, I'll settle with venturing through the written works I read.

14 comments :

  1. I LOVED The Queen of Bright And Shiny Things! It was super cute! Definitely read it. I really want to read All The Rage and We All Looked Up. I've heard nothing but good things about both.

    Everything Leads To You was one of my favorites from last year! It's so good and revolves around movies which is really cool. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Katie! I'm excited to get reading. And let me know when you do read All the Rage and We All Looked Up. I'd like to know your thoughts on those as well. :)

      Julia Anne

      Delete
  2. For someone who loves a book, I actually never visited my local library lol. It's far and only have Indonesian books, so I'm not interested. Anyway, I want to read The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things! It sounds adorable and I'm in contemporary mode right now. I haven't read Pivot Point yet, but I adore Kasie West's contemporary as well. Some people said that it even better than her contemporary, so I think I'll try it too!

    Tiffany @ The Bookish Thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can't believe you never visited your library!! Luckily it seems like you're still getting your bookish fix. :) I'm going to start reading The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things sometime soon, so I'll let you know what I thought about it. If you do happen to read it, let me know your opinion as well! And yes, Kasie West is one of my favorite authors, so I'm looking forward to reading Pivot Point.

      Thanks for the comment.

      Julia Anne

      Delete
  3. Hi Julia Anne!

    I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out the rules and questions to answer here: http://confessionsofcarlisa.com/2015/06/22/the-liebster-award/

    Thanks for being so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for nominating me, Carlisa! It's touching that you thought of my blog & me for the award.

      Julia Anne

      Delete
  4. Girl, your local library is awesome! So jealous since our local libraries here are just full of non-fiction books and classics. :( I'm so glad you *liked* All the Rage! (I kind of liked the open ending myself, though.)

    The library gives away *free* books? You are one lucky duck, Julia Anne. ;)

    And YES to picking up Pivot Point! It's actually my favorite (okay, the sequel is my real favorite) book of Kasie's. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honestly surprised to hear other libraries AREN'T like the Hawaii State Public Libraries! I had no idea my local libraries were so special/different from libraries elsewhere. Now that it's put into perspective, I'm even more grateful.

      I'm excited to read Pivot Point! Glad to hear you loved the book and its sequel. :)

      Julia Anne

      Delete
  5. We All Looked Up is a self-reflective novel that really makes you think about life, or did for me anyway. I hope you enjoy it!

    Oh no! I was really looking forward to Like It Never Happened...

    I love Kasie West's novels. She's wonderful. I can't wait to read your thoughts on Pivot Point.

    Nice haul, dear <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear We All Looked Up was worth the read. I always see it on the bookstore shelf, but my budget . . . you know how it goes. Anyway, I'm excited to get reading.

      Yeah, hopefully you'll enjoy Like It Never Happened more than I did. Although it wasn't my kind of book, I know some other book bloggers loved it. We all have different opinions, so it's all good. :)

      Agreed. Kasie West books are the best. Can't wait to dive into Pivot Point.

      Thanks for the comment, Rachel!

      Julia Anne

      Delete
  6. I absolutely adored Pivot Point, Everything Leads to You and We All Looked Up so I'm crossing my fingers that you end up liking them as much as I did! And aren't libraries just the best! I don't know what I'd do without one! (Just kidding - I take that back. I totally know what I'd do without them: go broke from having to buy all the books I rent out - LOL). Thanks for sharing and fabulous post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started reading Everything Leads to You (today actually), and I'll begin reading Pivot Point and We All Looked Up soon after. If you enjoyed those reads, I'm sure I will, too. :)

      And YES, thank the Lord for libraries!! I totally wish I could buy every book out there, but unfortunately, I don't got the funds. Haha, that's pretty much everyone's biggest woe.

      Thanks for the comment, Zoe.

      Julia Anne

      Delete
  7. I haven't read any of these yet, but they're all on my TBR! I want to read them badly, but my current local library doesn't carry many young adult books, and since we are in the process of moving, I can't purchase them. I'm sorry you didn't like Like it Never Happened. I was looking forward to it but now I'm slightly unsure. I'll be looking out for your review! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, it sucks that your local library doesn't carry many of the books you're looking forward to reading and additionally, that you currently can't purchase any books. (What?! That's terrible.) Anyway, I hope you'll soon be able to get your hands on some of those TBR books and get back to reading. :)

      Thanks for the comment.
      Julia Anne

      Delete

peach print | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio | Header Illustration by Freepik.