May 12, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: [Seven] Authors I'd Love To Meet

May 12, 2015
banner credit: Carlisa from Confessions of Carlisa

Happy, happy Tuesday to all my bookish blog friends!  This week, I've decided to join in on the Top Ten Tuesday fun.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, in which bloggers reply to a particular topic with a list of their top ten responses.

This week's topic:



However, I will be tweaking the topic just a bit to SEVEN authors I'd love to meet, simply because I don't have ten at the moment.  If I'd really wanted to, I could probably manage to add three more authors I'm somewhat fond of, however then, the list wouldn't be as genuine.  So seven authors it is!

(Yes, I can count, thank you very much.)

And now, without further ado, my chosen seven authors!


1) For number one on my list, Mrs. Joanne Rowling herself.  I know she made the top slot of many other book bloggers' lists this week as well, and rightfully so.  Honestly, this woman is amazing, and her writing is amazing.  Her Harry Potter books are so well thought out, well written, whimsical, and creative.  You can tell by reading just how much thought and care went into each and every Harry Potter book.  It's hard to believe one woman was able to create such a vivid world in words!

If I ever had the chance to meet one celebrity, time and time again, without a doubt, I would pick J.K. Rowling.  She's just such a fascinating person, and I think more than anything, I would love to get some writing advice from her.






2) I've loved every single one of Jessi's books.  Her writing gets you in the heart every time.  Jessi honestly just seems like such a vivacious, sweet, loving person - someone you would love to meet and chat with!

3) Like Jessi Kirby, I've also loved all of Morgan Matson's books.  I love her craft: the way she styles together her stories and creates such real characters you can't help but fall in love with.



4) Jenny just seems so quirky and fun!  Who wouldn't want to meet her?

                

5) I absolutely loved Melissa Kantor's Maybe One Day.  It would be awesome to meet the author behind the story!6) If you read my recent review on Kasie's newest release, The Fill-In Boyfriend, you know just how much I love her books.  I would love to meet her.

7) It's no secret that Sarah Ockler can write.  Two of my favorite Sarah Ockler books are Twenty Boy Summer and Bittersweet.  I'm hoping to add another favorite to the list when her June 2015 release, The Summer of Chasing Mermaids, arrives in stores!

And that's the list!  What authors would you like to meet?  Do our lists overlap?

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

author image

Julia Anne

I'm a teen with a refined taste for good books and great writing, currently living in Honolulu, HI. I'm a reader. A dreamer. And an aspirant writer. One day I have hopes to travel the world, but for now, I'll settle with venturing through the written works I read.

6 comments :

  1. AnonymousMay 12, 2015

    JK ROWLING!!!! She would have topped my list as well because I just love her to bits! :) Other authors I'd love to meet are Morgan Matson, Sarah Ockler, and Jenny Han. Their books were absolutely amazing, and I'm glad you agree on that too :) Lovely list!

    by the way, beautiful blog! I LOVE THE DESIGN.

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, JK ROWLING!! Who doesn't love her? (How can you NOT love her??) I'm glad we agreed on so many authors. I guess we have similar taste.

      Thanks so much for visiting the blog, Jillian! I love your blog as well. :)

      Julia Anne

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the other you mentioned yet but I agree on JK Rowling, she's the best :) Thanks for stopping by at http://tinyurl.com/mdg6zx3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all can agree on J.K. Rowling! Thanks for the comment. :)

      Julia Anne

      Delete
  3. JK is so on top of my list as well. She inspired a whole generation to read really so no surprises there.
    Next on my list are: Sarah J Maas (on Monday!!! YAY!), Ian McEwan, Margaret Atwood and Brandon Sanderson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J.K. Rowling makes pretty much everyone's list! (As she rightfully should.) :)

      I JUST picked up my first Sarah J. Maas read this past week, and her writing is definitely list-worthy! It's awesome you have the opportunity to meet an author from your list, Karen.

      Thanks for the comment!

      Julia Anne

      Delete

peach print | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio | Header Illustration by Freepik.