June 8, 2016

Being Honest ~ An Update

June 8, 2016
Hi there.  Long time no blog post.  I know.

I want to say sorry, but that doesn't make up for my absence.

Source

The truth is this: I'm caught up with too many commitments.  I know we're all busy, and I know others can handle themselves 100 times better than I can, and I also know it's summer, but I made this post to be honest with you.  And if I'm being honest, I can't put my full time and effort into this blog.

AT THE MOMENT.

That's definitely not to say I'm quitting this blog or blogging in general for that matter.  I will continue to blog regularly over at A Perfection Called Books with my wonderful co-bloggers, Rachel and Mishma.  That's part of the reason I need to take a break from this blog in particular: I made a commitment to Rachel last summer to be one of her co-bloggers, and I intend to fulfill that promise to the best of my ability.  However, in order to do so, I must limit some other time-consumers in my life.  Unfortunately, the category of "time-consumers" includes Peach Print right now.

I am still an avid reader who enjoys books and writing possibly more than anything in this world.  Know that I will continue to read and write even if I do not post regularly on Peach Print.  I will definitely post here on my blog when a post idea arises, but I don't want to add to my stress by forcing myself to create content.  I created Peach Print partly out of my love for reading and partly just for fun; I intend to keep Peach Print and blogging a fun and enjoyable hobby.

With senior year coming up, college apps, extracurriculars, summer school, standardized testing, an internship, a scholarship commitment, and a smattering of other projects, I must admit that I cannot give this blog the full time and attention I wish I could.

This is not goodbye; I just wanted to clear the air.  I appreciate my followers and fellow blogging friends who have continued to read my blog despite the lack of recent posts!

Thanks so much for your friendship and support.

author image

Julia Anne

I'm a teen with a refined taste for good books and great writing, currently living in Honolulu, HI. I'm a reader. A dreamer. And an aspirant writer. One day I have hopes to travel the world, but for now, I'll settle with venturing through the written works I read.

No comments :

Post a Comment

peach print | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio | Header Illustration by Freepik.