February 9, 2016

Julia's Life Updates: January & February

February 9, 2016
Hi there!

So as you can tell, my New Year's Resolutions aren't going too wonderfully.  (*cough, cough* post more often...)

I swear I have good excuses this time, haha.  So for this first post in a long, long while, I thought I'd show you all what I've been up to these past couple of months!  Here goes:

Second Semester started off for me, and that means all new teachers, all new classes, all new lessons and homework.  This semester I'm particularly excited to be taking a YA Literature class and an Astronomy class.

For Astronomy, our first project has been keeping a Moon Journal.  We've been tasked with watching the moon over a course of a month through its phases, and reporting on its nightly position and shape among the stars via short video logs.  I'm an absolutely terrible astrophotographer, so no photo.  Sorry to disappoint. ;-)

What else...

For MLK Day, I went on a hike with some fellow members of my school's Luke Leadership & Design Team.  We're a group of high school students focused on community service projects to better the community.

Right now, I'm working on a website with my friend Leeya to promote community service events to members of my school and the larger community.  In fact, later today, I'll be headed off to meet with her and get some more work done.

Just this past weekend, my school's annual carnival took place.  Every year, the junior class is in charge of putting on this school-wide event.  Millions of dollars are generated over the course of just two days, and all of our proceeds go to our school's financial aid program.

For carnival, I was a booth chair for the smoothie booth, meaning I had to attend pre-carnival meetings and help make the booth sign along with other responsibilities.  Our booth name was "Sundial Smoothies" to match this year's carnival theme.  (We have a school sundial in the middle of the campus, but I won't go into the gory details...)

And of course, I had to work A LOT.  (I worked five three hour shifts this weekend.)  Needless to say, my feet, my legs, my arms, everything(!) was in pain the following day.

Besides that, I've been going to a bunch of coffee shops and cafes, as per usual.  You know me.



I think that's about it for now.  So if you're actually reading this, thanks for bearing with me. :-)

What's new with you?

author image

Julia Anne

I'm a teen with a refined taste for good books and great writing, currently living in Honolulu, HI. I'm a reader. A dreamer. And an aspirant writer. One day I have hopes to travel the world, but for now, I'll settle with venturing through the written works I read.

8 comments :

  1. Ah! The Carnival! I totally missed it because of work, but it's always so much fun. I'm sure it must have been tiring. The YA Literature and Astronomy class sounds very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the students are in charge of the carnival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh your month looks like it was fantastic, albeit tiring. the pictures you took are so lovely and cute; love them! also it's SO COOL how your school has an entire class dedicated to YA Lit and Astronomy. they're basically my favorite things!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Astronomy has always fascinated me, I love looking at the stars! Thankfully we can see lots of them in PA :) Wow you have been busy, I hope junior year is running smoothly for you. Ahh Hawaii is so beautiful, I will forever want to relocate there.

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your classes sound amazing! I love astronomy and a YA class... that sounds perfect! I hope you're enjoying them. It sounds like you've had an amazing time too! I'm jealous of all the cafes you've been to - the food in the last picture looks delicious ♥

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
  6. those classes sound like they'd be so fun to take! astronomy is my favorite part of science. and i'm so jealous of all the cafes you've been to! where i live, there is only starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really feel you! Especially with the pressure of being a blogger.

    ReplyDelete

peach print | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio | Header Illustration by Freepik.